These workouts are here for you to PAUSE. I want you to close out the outside world, and just connect to your baby. Shut everything else out!
*Please remember: I am NOT a yogi, but have learned these moves in my prenatal training. I want your focus to be connection: connection to your core and your baby. Lots of deep breaths, and focusing on how your body feels.
After following this video 1-3 times, I suggest completing it on your own. That way, you don't have to listen to my voice, and can truly drown everything out. Enjoy this time, mama. Take these 20 minutes for you and for your baby. SIT in the stillness.
- Mountain Pose: centering—1 minute
- Cat & Cow: lower back and abdomen—5 rounds; inhale as you gaze up and exhale as you softly round
- Hip Circle: lower back and hips; pelvic mobilization—5 circles each direction
- Standing Lateral Stretch: side body, including waist muscles and obliques—3 deep breaths each side
- Seated Goddess Pose: opens and stretches the chest, front of the shoulders, and inner thighs: 5-10 deep breaths
- Seated Extended Side Angle Pose: side body including waist and back—5 deep breaths each side
- Seated 4 Stretch: outer thighs and hips: 5-10 breaths each side
- Seated and Supported Wide Leg Forward Fold: lower back and inner thighs—5-10 deep breaths
- Seated Head-to-Knee Pose: outer hip and thigh, side body—5-10 deep breaths each side
- Deep Relaxation Pose: entire body—3-5 minutes