This one is a bit longer, but packed with birth-prepping lower body exercises. And it was the perfect level of difficult! I make it clear throughout the video, but just to reiterate: PLEASE tweak sets and reps to what feels best for YOU where you are in your pregnancy. Each circuit is suggested to do 2-3x, so choose what feels right for you at the time. You'll also notice the reps are all within ranges. Choose a number of reps that works for YOU!
Equipment: long band, incline (something to do sit squats on), short band, set of dumbbells, stability ball, small ball/pillow
- 30 (each direction) banded x-walks
- 10 long band good mornings
- 10 banded squats
SS 1: 3x
- 10-12 sit squats *we are doing this variation after about 30/33 weeks (or earlier if you’d like!) because is helps to control depth and maintain stability throughout; you will have to hinge a little more than normal
- 8-12 (each leg) lateral steps ups *this variation is great for labor prep because it helps to open up our pelvis
3 x 8-10 (each side) modified side plank with adductor squeeze + hip lift *this can also help alleviate pelvic pain by strengthening glutes, deep core, and inner thighs, plus helps with pelvic stability
SS 2: 3x
- 8-12 sumo RDL *sumo variation may start to feel necessary due to our belly!
- 8-10 (each leg) staggered stance RDL *single leg movements can start to become more challenging as your center of gravity shifts, so increasing the support while still loading more on one side may be a better option; this also may support your pelvic health and comfort; widen your stance if needed
2-3 x 10 stability ball hamstring curls OR seated hamstring band curls
Alright, mama. This one's a bit longer. As with the rest of Third Trimester workouts, it does focus on prep for birth. So each of the three circuits includes a slow pelvic floor and core-focused exercise. Lots of breath work, mind to muscle connection, and engagement work.
If you're short on tim...
This video is providing you with exercises that help prep you for birth. Woohoo! I didn't film this as a workout, but rather showed you what the 6 exercises are. I want you to choose the exercises that feel BEST and most relaxing to you. That may end up being all 6 of them, or just 1-2 depending ...