Aim to do this one 3-7 days a week throughout ALL of pregnancy!
Take this one at your own pace, Mama. This is a routine I want you doing from early pregnancy to the very end. Ideally, you're able to do it every other day. Let's aim for at least 3 days a week though. Watch the video through 1-2 times so you're familiar with the stretches, and after that you can complete it on your own at your own pace. Relax and enjoy :)
Upper Body Stretch & Release Work: The key areas of the upper body you want to pay attention to are the neck and shoulders, the chest, and the obliques.
- Ear to Shoulder stretch (stability ball), 30 seconds each side
- Rotate & Reach stretch (stability ball), 3-5 seconds each side
- Shoulder & Chest Stretch with Band (band), repeat 10 times
- Standing C-Stretch, 10-30 seconds
- Shoulder and Chest Stretch With Strap (stability ball), 30 seconds
- Side-Lying Stretch Over Ball (small ball/pillow), 30 to 90 seconds
Lower Body Stretch & Release Work: When stretching and releasing the lower body, the hamstrings, inner thighs, psoas, calves, and feet are all important.
- Calf Stretch (some form of incline), 10 to 30 seconds each leg
- Adductor Stretch on Stability Ball (stability ball), 10-30 seconds
- Hip Flexor Stretch on Stability Ball (stability ball), 10-30 seconds
- 4 Stretch (chair), 10-30 seconds
- Hamstring Stretch with Band (band), 10-30 seconds
- Psoas Release With Bolster (This is not a “doing exercise” but an “allowing exercise.” As you rest in this position you are working to allow your ribs to lower toward the floor so that they are neutral relative to the pelvis. Ideally, the bottom of the rib cage and the top of the pelvis will be in the same frontal plane.