I wanted to do this in "demo" format so you can watch once or twice, familiarize yourself with the moves, and be confident enough to do them on your own at your own pace. Because we'll be doing this workout throughout our entire pregnancy! So we'll all be going at different paces :)
Equipment: pillow/small ball, long band, set of dumbbells
- 10 (each side) modified side plank with pillow squeeze (add row for more difficulty): this is a great way to keep the core and PF connected
- 8-10 (each side) staggered Pallof rotation: our thoracic spine and upper back need to move and as the bump grows a lack of mobility in this area decreases. Less mobile thoracic = compensation elsewhere. Pivot on legs for rotational movement from the hips and focus on thoracic, hips, and obliques moving as opposed to your low back.
- 10 (each side) birddogs: a fundamental exercise in prenatal training
- 10 (each side) offloaded weight transitions: awesome for posture, building posterior and core strength, and preps you to carry the car seat!
- 10 (each side) 1/2 kneeling cable lift: a great anti-rotational core stability movement. Also develops hip mobility and stability
- 10 (each side) glute bridge with lateral resistance: glutes are key to a strong functional core!