I wanted to do this in "demo" format so you can watch once or twice, familiarize yourself with the moves, and be confident enough to do them on your own at your own pace. Because we'll be doing this workout throughout our entire pregnancy! So we'll all be going at different paces :)
- 10 clamshell raises (each side): Lift your top knee as you turn your inner thigh outward and, while keeping your thighs open and feet together, lift your knees off the floor several inches. Return to start position. As you become stronger, build to holding the lift for 10 seconds. Repeat 10 times (transverse abdominis)
- Sahrmann Exercises with stability ball: 20 reps total of each exercise
- Level 1: lean against stability ball that is placed again the wall for support. Bend both knees, place feet flat on the floor, and rest the forearms on the floor. Keeping one knee bent, contract the abdomen and slowly slide the other leg out until it is parallel with the floor several inches off the ground.
- Level 2: same starting position. Pull both knees up toward abdomen, keeping your knees at 90 degree angle. Contract abs and hold as you drop one leg down to the floor. Return the leg to starting position.
- Incline plank/stability ball plank: 30 seconds
- Birddog: as you strengthen, try holding for 5-10 seconds at top position
- Modified side plank: 5-10 seconds each side