PLEASE take the time to thoroughly listen to this video at least once before doing these 8 exercises on your own!! Aim to do this one 3-7 days a week throughout ALL of pregnancy!
Our core is ever-changing throughout pregnancy. And while 100% of us will have Diastis Rectis (DR) to some degree, it is worth taking steps to minimize it so that the abdominal wall has a better opportunity to return to optimal function postpartum. This video goes through those steps to help you minimize it.
I suggest completing these exercises 3-4 times a week. They won't take long and are so important.
- Core Breath: THE MOST IMPORTANT PREGNANCY MOVE YOU CAN DO! Complete either 3 rounds of 2 minutes, or 3 rounds of 10 reps.
- Glute Bridge: 3x20 reps, or 100 throughout the day
- Clamshell: 3x10-12 each side
- Side-Lying Bent-Knee Lifts: 3x 10-12 each side
- Squat: 4x15
- Seated March on Stability Ball: 3x20
- Standing One-Leg Transfer: 3x10 (this is a slooow move, so take your time!)
- Lunge: 3x10 each leg