This video is providing you with exercises that help prep you for birth. Woohoo! I didn't film this as a workout, but rather showed you what the 6 exercises are. I want you to choose the exercises that feel BEST and most relaxing to you. That may end up being all 6 of them, or just 1-2 depending on the day. Aim for 10-20 minutes 3-5 times a week. However long feels good in a position is how long I want you to do it, hence there not being any reps or sets. These exercises are for you to just FEEL GOOD!
Equipment: stability ball
*These are exercises you can do (and are encouraged to do) from 35 weeks on. Aim for 10-20 minutes a day 3-5x a week.
We are incorporating movement patterns that focus on the following can be super beneficial to assist with control over birth:
- Breath work and in a variety of different positions
- Releasing and relaxing the pelvic floor, glutes, and jaw
- Encouraging more space in the pelvis
- Improving hip internal rotation
- Movements that also just feel GOOD and help relate stress and tension
- Quadruped rockbacks with internal rotation (shift hips back while bringing feet out to side)
- Child’s pose on ball
- Deep squat (y’all know I love this one)
- 90/90 hip extension (each leg)
- Kneeling lunge
- Hip circles on ball