Before beginning, I do suggest waiting until around week 5 to begin this one. This will give your body time to heal on its own and ensure you're able to do these exercises safely!
All of these movements are meant to help cue our rib cage down.
- 360 breathing: think about breathing into your body so that it’s expanding laterally, and at the end bring the ribcage DOWN
- Kneeling ball push *focus on bringing the ribcage down 2x15 (each side)
- Thread the Needle
- Thoracic Cat/Cow (each side)
- Oblique Reach (each side)
- Core exercises: we can use our deep core to help cue our ribs DOWN
- 3x10-12 supine marches with isometric lat pulldown *the band helps cue ribs to stay down
- 3x10 (each side) supine bent knee ball push
- 3x10 glute bridge with lat pulldown
- 3x10 (each side) cable woodchops