Adding in some more progressions this week as we continue to build strength and work on connection!
- Cat/cow: think about 360 breathing with this one
- Open book stretch
- Supine shoulder presses
- 360 breathing: 30 reps throughout the day
- Again, in different positions. I’ve added in a few different ones today that you can throw in the mix. If you’ve been struggling with feeling the “360” aspect of this exercise, I recommend incorporating these specific exercises.
- Feel free to keep the same positions as last week.
- Supine Heel Slide with Arm Raise (alternating sides): 3 sets of 12 reps
- Watch for coning with this one! Take it SLOW, and start with just 1-2 sets if needed
- Make sure you’re being cautious when you lie down and sit up. Just as you did during pregnancy, get down on your side THEN roll over onto your back. Reverse to get up
- Supine Knee Raises: 3 sets of 6-8 reps (each side)
- Side Lying Hip Raise with Ball Squeeze: 2 sets of 6-8 reps (each side)
- Butterfly Stretch: lay here as long as you’re comfortable, and until you feel your pelvic floor relax
Thanks for joining me in my postpartum journey. It feels good knowing we're doing this together :)