DAY ONE! Here we go, mamas. These first 6 workouts are going to be slow and steady as we work on gaining back mobility, strength, mind-to-muscle connection, and familiarity of moving our bodies again.
This workout will be the slowest one we go through, but perhaps the most necessary. Today will involve more conversation and explanation from me as I guide you through some movements. Remember what all your body just went through! We are in NO rush to get back to it. Hang tight and be patient with yourself as we get through these first 3 weeks (6 workouts) and work on regaining strength and mobility. Let's get that booty back!
No equipment needed.
- 2 x 3 (each side) hip CARS—controlled articular rotations; basically we’re going to take our hip through its full range of motion, not only building mobility but stability through the entire motion. This will help build some strength here too!
- 3 x 5 (each side) birddogs
- 3 x 10 standing glute kickbacks
- 2 x 12 half glute bridges (pelvic tilts)
- 2 x 10 (each side) standing abduction
- 2 x 8 (each leg) single leg two point tap (building up to hinging here)